Cosmetic treatments for greasy facial skin
Greasy and acne-prone facial skin is characterized by greasy glow, increased work of sebaceous glands, enlarged pores and roughness when touched. In this type of skin an occurrence of blackheads, pustules and nodules is common.
After an examination by a dermatologist, who also determines other potential causes of greasy skin and acne, a therapy is prescribed, and then cosmetic treatments are performed in order to successfully treat this type of skin.
This type of skin demands regular cosmetic treatment of facial cleaning. Cosmetic treatments of this skin type includes:
- – Removing grease and impurities from the face with milk and lotion.
- – Facial peels to remove dead cells from the surface layer of the skin.
- – Cleaning the face with a mild hypoallergenic milk and tonic.
- – Double-acting enzyme peeling which penetrates into the deeper layer of the skin and releases it from sebum and impurities, and depending on the age and greasiness of the face mild fruit acids that regulate sebum secretion in the long run are used.
- – Steaming the skin 15 – 20 minutes.
- – Manual removal of comedones, papules and cysts from the skin. In sensitive skin, prone to redness fruit acids are used for preparation instead of steaming – the face.
- – Treating the skin with high frequency lasting from 5 – 10 minutes that pacifies and disinfects the skin.
- – Applying an astringent mask with a soothing effect for 5 – 10 minutes to narrow the pores and reduce the sebum secretion.
- – Applying the moisturizing cream on the skin.
Spec. Dr. Svetlana Djurisic, dermatologist
Dermatological clinic DERMATIM, Belgrade, Serbia