Face cleansing is a process which removes the visible sebum content from the surface layer of the skin.
There are several ways to clean the skin:
- 1.– Face cleansing can be done manually, and the skin should be warmed up beforehand in order to open up the pores.
- 2.– Face cleansing can be done with a comedone extractor, a device that removes cyst content under pressure from the face or the back.
- 3.– Face cleansing can be done by vacuum, with special devices that combine microdermoabrasion and vacuum in order to perform a fine pore cleansing with the least possible trauma.
Face cleansing can be a part of the usual care in cosmetic treatments and sometimes it is a part of treating a special form of acne dominated by blackheads – Acne comedonica. For persons with thin and sensitive skin it is necessary to be especially careful when cleaning the face in order for the enlarged capillaries not to appear.
If the patient comes only for facial cleansing this always means the following procedure:
- 1. – Face massage before the treatment.
- 2. – Face steaming or applying fruit acids if the skin is prone to capillary bursting.
- 3. – Comedo extraction.
- 4. – Application of active oxygen and antiseptics.
- 5. – Using soothing masks.
- 6. – Recommendation for home care or dermatologic therapy.
Spec. Dr. Svetlana Djurisic, dermatologist
Dermatological clinic DERMATIM, Belgrade - Serbia